Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Field of Optoelecronics - job opportunities in this field ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maks_eng

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Field of Optoelecronics

I'm interested in the field of optoelectronics. I'm planning to get a masters degree.

Are there enough job opportunities in this field or is it more research oriented.

1. What are the fundamentals courses or subjects which one must be good in to excel in this field. I wanted to know if i was strong on the basics for this field

2. What are the post ms job opportunities and what companies hire people who study optoelectronics

3. which univ's (in US) have a decent research program going on in this field. I have what you would call an average profile and can only aim for schools in the top 20 to 50 range.

I will be glad if someone could throw some light on this issue

Cheers:D

Re: Field of Optoelecronics

95% of the jobs in the photonics industry is for semiconductor lasers. I suspect at some point soon solar energy and other optical/energy technologies may surge as well.

-Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back