Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

field calculation away from an antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

cross

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna far field calculation program

Hi,

I was wondering which simulator people would recommend in the following scenario.

Imagine that the problem is the estimation of the near and far field several tenths of meters away from an antenna (near and far field) by considering also the reflected contribution from a ground plane. A simulator that has already some predefined antenna structures would make the task easier.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Cross

antenna near field calculation

I suggest you to use NEC (Numerical Electromagnetic Code). The following web page contains many NEC programs: **broken link removed**

4NEC2 which can be downloaded from this page will be useful for you. There are yagi, uda, etc. models in the model library and you can also build your own easily. There are also parabolic, cylindrical models, patches etc. which can also be useful for you.

4NEC2 program generates 2D and 3D far field and near field radiation patterns and many other data. (impedances, currents etc.)

To sum up, for antenna applications this program is quite satisfactory and useful.

edit: the web page is a little long and confusing. I will give the links here to download:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed** (this is the 3D plotting supported version)

To go to the 4NEC2 section I have given in the very first link search the page for "4nec2 Version 5.5.2" :)

cross

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
far field calculation

I think you can also try using ansoft Hfss , though you have to create your own model. But the results might be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back