Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFt/IFFT/OFDMA questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ler224

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fft in ofdma

1- what type of signal does the input to a IFFT take (ofdma)?

my understanding is that before the IFFT stage that each parallel digital binary stream is modulated (QAM etc...) and that it turns the signal into a vector. I understand that the IFFT takes in a real & imaginary part. Is it taking a digital binary input of 1 0 (real) & 1 1 (imaginary) and know that this is a 16-QAM input? I know sometimes mathematically it is referenced as Ae-(jwt2pi), but this must be represented as a digital signal. The FFT block must know what type of modulation there is.

2- IFFT take an input of parallel streams (individual users/sub carriers), and FFT produce an output parallel streams, but are these streams TDM to the FPGA etc?

I don't believe there are real/imaginary inputs & outputs for each data stream. For example if there are 600 sub carriers

3 - what is the difference between a frequency bin & subcarrier?

the number of bins has to be larger than subcarriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.