Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFT analysis using HSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop835

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in Analog IC Design. I want to run FFT analysis using HSpice to determine the dynamic Range of 1st Order Delta Sigma modulator. The syntax I used is as followed.

.fft v(output) np=4096 start=0m stop=1m freq=1k window=rect

This analysis is run in parallel with transient analysis and the output for FFT analysis is a graph X-axis(Frequency) versus y-axis(magnitude in dB).

The question is, how do I measure the Spurious Free Dynamic Range from the output plot?

I know that from definition, Spurious Free Dynamic Range is a difference between highest peak of fundamental frequency(1kHz in my example) and the highest peak of second harmonics. From the FFT output, I can determine the highest peak for fundamental frequency but how do I determine the highest peak for second harmonic? Im a bit confused at this part!

Anyone can help? Is there any good tutorial for this measurement?

regards,
leyman

Status
Not open for further replies.