Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Few IR receivers (TFMS5360) in one circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirwiz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have circuit that receives IR signal, but single TFMS5360 dont cover whole area of IR beam impact zones, is there any possibility to attach few ir receivers (parallel ?) to this circuit? I tryed few tricks with 5 TFMS attached but it always end with failure.

ir.jpg

Try to use some mirrors instead to guide the IR light to the sensor. I know, it’s easy in theory, but very difficult to build such device. :grin:

I think there’s a problem if two sensors receive the same information simultaneously, but mounted in opposition (180 degree ) you may connect the two sensors in this way:

Attachments

• IR 2 sensors.JPG
    IR 2 sensors.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: sirwiz

sirwiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The TFMS5360 datasheet shows it has an open collector output. What is the benefit of a second layer of output transistors?

BC547 negate TFMS output for MC145028

I think there’s a problem if two sensors receive the same information simultaneously, but mounted in opposition (180 degree ) you may connect the two sensors in this way:

Yup but i need to have full 360 degress cover of beam activation area, so i need to have 5-6 receivers, and they need to overlap cover areas, even as separated sensor circuit.

I was just assuming based on the schematics provided. In this case you don’t need the additional transistor.

Anyway, you need an extra resistor from Vcc to the transistor base.

And about using conical mirrors, see the diagram

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• IR mirror sensor.JPG
    IR mirror sensor.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 109

After many test, the best way is this circuit show below, with TSOP 0, 90, 180, and 360 degrees on PCB

C1 and C2, R1 values are wrong, they should be as on first drawing. This three elements shoud be as close to the sensor as possible.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back