Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ferrite core Vs Iron core in transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaswat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a transformer but there is a little bit confusion.I want to know the selection of core used in the transformer.I only heard two option one is ferrite core and other is iron core. There is a confusion as I don't have any idea about how to select the core. Which one is better Ferrite core or Iron core. During the designing I want to let you know that there has a magnet test which saturates the core. So Which type of core should I select to avoid magnetic saturation of the transformer.

yes ferrite core are used for high frequency aplication n iron core is for the low frequency application.
I also want to know that using alloy material (Silicon with the iron) works?? (I am just guessing its just a hit and trial method)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanxx for your suggestion.I have an another query so if you know the answer plz share your knowledge

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/295030/

Status
Not open for further replies.