Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feko cst and hfss simulation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgcatz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compare hfss cst feko

I simulate a simple monopole antenna in feko, and the antenna is fed by A1( add a voltage segment to a segement ),but when I simulate it in CST or HFSS, it is fed by the waveguid port. I want to get the S parameter of the antenna. I think the S parameter accuracy is better in cst or HFSS because the waveguid port add the the incident and reflected powers of waveguide modes.

feko cst

Hi, in HFSS simulation, why do you use waveguide port? for monopole, usually we use lumped air gap.
Best Regards,

hfss feko

Hi xxgcatz,

for a simple monopole it is convenient also in cst to use a discrete port. If is quite the same model as a voltage segment on a segment. I think accuracy will be almost similar if no coupling information between serveral ports are needed.

Cheers,
Element7k

xxgcatz said:
I simulate a simple monopole antenna in feko, and the antenna is fed by A1( add a voltage segment to a segement ),but when I simulate it in CST or HFSS, it is fed by the waveguid port. I want to get the S parameter of the antenna. I think the S parameter accuracy is better in cst or HFSS because the waveguid port add the the incident and reflected powers of waveguide modes.

hfss, feko, or xfdtd ?

HI Element7k
I have another question when I use feko.I want to put half of the parabolic reflector above a ground plane (60*30cm),but it seems that it is impossible to be accomplished in the FEKO editor .Because the half parabolic reflector and the ground plane can't have the common triangle edge in the FEKO editor.I want to if only other CAD tools can do it. Can it be accomplished in the FEKO edito?
I have search the user manal,and it seems that the circular column can be put above the ground plane!

thanks !

cst hfss feko

I think wire antenna is better handled with the MoM, rather than the FDTD or FIT. A wire with small radius (say lambda/1000) is troublesome. There is also the small feeding gap.

I don't know about the accuracy of Feko for this type of problems though.

hfss discussion

Hi xxgcatz,

pls post your file or a jpg so I can have a better understanding of what you are trying to model.

Cheers,
Element7k

xxgcatz said:
HI Element7k
I have another question when I use feko.I want to put half of the parabolic reflector above a ground plane (60*30cm),but it seems that it is impossible to be accomplished in the FEKO editor .Because the half parabolic reflector and the ground plane can't have the common triangle edge in the FEKO editor.I want to if only other CAD tools can do it. Can it be accomplished in the FEKO edito?
I have search the user manal,and it seems that the circular column can be put above the ground plane!

thanks !

hi! Element7k
The picture is my reflector modal in the CST simulation. But how can implement it in FEKO? It seems that it is a little difficult!
I want to know if the edit feko can implement it ! Thanks!

While you are going to design pure metal geometry configuration, you should try WIPL or Grasp8w

hi! Element7k !
Can you help me implement the reflector antenna modal of CST in feko? I will thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back