Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feed a planar antenna with coax cable or discrte port in cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleazar_777

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

I already design a planar antenna in cst(monopole) but I don't know how to feed the antenna with a coax cable because the ground is in the same plane as the antenna
i used a discrete port but I don't know if I am correct because
I had to change the impedance (10 ohms) to have the same result (simulate and measured) also can I use discrete complex ports in cst???

Re: feed a planar antenna with coax cable or discrte port in

see the picture and try to give the port in the bottom it may increase the electrical length of the antenna. and it is easy to feed the connector after the fabrication

U can use the discrete port. if u want to use waveguide port extend it to the rectangular part it will take it as a ground i am not sure about this but try this....

HI James

thanks for your help but now I can't simulate in frequency
I have this error

"The length ratio between the shortest and the longest model edges is 1:1286. The shortest model edges can be highlighted via objects/solid healing tools/show shortest edges (it may be advantageous to model the metallization as infinitely thin sheets""

If you are using frequency domain solver, it isn't good at handling very think sheets of material. So you need to model the sheet as infintily small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back