Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

features of protel dxp 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dxp 2004 tutorial

features of protel dxp 2004?

I know, protel dxp 2004 can do simple circuit simulation(if simulative

models are used),it also helps in pcb layouting. But i' like to know

about its FPGA features. such as
1. "what are nanoboards","how much they cost","does any other device

(FPGA) works with the software other than nanoboard?

2. why "device view==>hardware and software devices" features always

inactive?

3. Does it needs support of altera quartus or xilinx ise software to

burn codes to fpga devices of those company?

4. Is there any way to virtual simulation(like led chaser,lcd and

keypad scan) the vhdl code written fpga device and then compile and

write the working vhdl code at last to the FPGA?

5. Is there any tutorial on protel dxp 2004 on web other at help files

which comes with the software?

thank you

fpga to dxp

nanoboard is basically a product of altium and the basic idea is that it is a nano-level breadboard. just as you use breadboards for prototyping, the nanoboard allows you to prototype nano-level circuits. it comes loaded with alot of goodies and there are a number of plug-in modules available for it which gives you the freedom to target a big range of FPGAs (spartan 3 or virtex 4 etc). and if im not forgetting, the nanoboard costs around $12000.

the devices view shows the nanoboards that have been connected to your PC. if you dont have any nanoboard, then there will be nothing to show in the devices view.

yes, altium dxp doesnt have the place-and-route (PAR) tools in the package. and therefore to program the FPGA (on a nanoboard) you will have to first install xilinx or altera software as you have mentioned.

you can simulate your vhdl code using simulators like modelsim from within altium dxp.

the altium dxp has a huge documentation. there are lots and lots of tutorials and examples.

i hope that helps

lcd in protel dxp 2004

samcheetah said:
and if im not forgetting, the nanoboard costs around $12000.

No - the nanoboard isn't THAT expensive. It costs about $1K (USD). The only way it would cost $12K is if you bought it and the full AD6 EDA software together.

If you want to see what it looks like, there is a picture and description at the following URL. You can even download the manual from that page. https://www.altium.com/Products/NanoBoardNB1/MoreontheNanoBoard/

oh okay im sorry i didnt know that. actually i talked to my local altium dealer when i was planning to buy the altium live design evaluation kit and i just remember he said $12000. it might have been for both the nanoboard and Altium DXP 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back