Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Features of mixed signal verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven852

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wonder what the features of mixed signal verification are. How are they differentiated from digital verifications? Any documentation are there?

Thanks.

Hi,
I just have done some mixed signal verification.
In my opinion, mixed signal verification is used for
verifying schematic and digital code at the same time. And it uses different tools from digital verification.
Maybe there are more other uses for mixed signal verification what i haven't met.
I hope it's maybe helpful to you.
Thanks.

steven852 said:
Hi,

I wonder what the features of mixed signal verification are. How are they differentiated from digital verifications? Any documentation are there?

Thanks.
Look for IEEE 1149.4 - IEEE Standard for a Mixed-Signal Test Bus.

Normally in case of mixed signal designs, spice simulations are carried out....
Once you synthesize the digital part, generate the spice netlist for the same. Analog is anways available in spice form..... so you can definitely carry out spice simulations...

Best Regards,
Harish
https://hdlplanet.tripod.com
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hdlplanet

Digital simualtion can't handle analog block, So we can use mixed-signal simulation to support it. Though pure analog simulation such hsim/nanosim can handle digital/analog block, the simulation speed is very slow. So mixed-signal simulation can handle analog block and speed is faster than pure analog simulation and slower than digital simulatio.

FYI.

analog simulations are done at transistor level and the digital blocks are synthesized in gate level. When u have both types of components in ur design then it is called mixed signal design. there are lot of problems when u try to integrate both these blocks. Simulations of these designs are mixed signal simulations.

Check out www.designers-guide.org

good site for analog and mixed signal designers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back