Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FDTD problems for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Players

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some problems in FDTD to get help.First thank you for your reading.

1. Zin(w)=V(w)/I(w), how to locate the contour of H for I(t)? Take a dipole as an example. The contour should be around the feed gap or around the arm?
2. When we calculate a strip dipole (thickness=0), a contour for I(t) is also needed.Should I include the H components along the direction of thickness?
3.If PML is used,should a certain distance between the antenna and the PML be left as that of Mur ABC?
Thank you for your answers!

you can refer to book sadiku about FDTD.

Players>>

About the 3rd item, a minimum distance of one wavelenght (10 cells) should be considered between your antenna and the PML, that differs from MUR, that is about 200 cells aprox...

I really don´t like MUR. PML is good, but take a look at UPML. It has a simpler formulation, and 60db attenuation similar to PML, using 10 layers os ABC and 10 cells of distance (minimum) between your structure and ABC.

chamineh said:
Players>>

About the 3rd item, a minimum distance of one wavelenght (10 cells) should be considered between your antenna and the PML, that differs from MUR, that is about 200 cells aprox...

I really don´t like MUR. PML is good, but take a look at UPML. It has a simpler formulation, and 60db attenuation similar to PML, using 10 layers os ABC and 10 cells of distance (minimum) between your structure and ABC.

I really agree with you,and thank you very much for your help.

Added after 18 minutes:

nazanin said:
you can refer to book sadiku about FDTD.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back