Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FDMA and TDMA channel band

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazzy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In TDMA the channel bandwidth required is Nfm where N is the number of users and fm is the bandwidth of each users. Then if it uses the same amount of bandwidth as fdma what is its superior over fdma

how come Nfm bandwidth requirmet will be fm itself ,In TDM you are going to distribute the chanel to N users over the time , say for first slot t1 will use the entire fm bandwith , for second slot t2 will be trasmitting while t1 is idle , refer hykins communication systems for a detailed description

in a simple experession you can serve more subscriber with TDMA method in your system because you use both time and frequency division simultanesly.

i think what ur saying is for FDMA not TDMA, in TDMA u allocate the whole bandwith to a single user for a time slot

I think you are mistaken in TDMA the badwidth is always fixed with a finite number of time slots these time slots are shared among the users and not the bandwidth. In FDMA the frequency is alloted so if you have N users then Nfm willbe the total banwidth. now if you consider the TDMA this whole Nfm is alloted to every useronly that a time slots are given

if we used the TDMA with the same bandwidth of N*fm we can

1-improve the voice quality as we receive wide band of frequencies

2-we won't need to use a rack of filters ,but we will use only a specific filter ,as we use only one frequency.

3-in TDMA the signal is always a digital signal, so we can use computers in signal processing, but in FDMA the signal may be analog ,so we can't do so.

I wish that is what you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back