Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Far field pattern in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksey0131

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
far-field hfss

Hi!
During simulation of a PIFA antenna (see fig. 1) I had a question: what is difference between theta component and X component when, for example, a directivity DirTheta and DirX (see fig. 2 and 3) is plotted? These components is codirectional. Why diagrams is different?

aleksey0131 said:
Hi!
During simulation of a PIFA antenna (see fig. 1) I had a question: what is difference between theta component and X component when, for example, a directivity DirTheta and DirX (see fig. 2 and 3) is plotted? These components is codirectional. Why diagrams is different?

These components are not generally co-directional however, there are some positions where they are codirectional (like at φ = 0, θ = 90°). Please try to understand the relation between 3-components of the co-ordiantes (x,y,z and r,θ,φ). You can find the relation in any antenna book.

regards,
shameem

Thank you. It is really obvious. I have a little got confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back