Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Far Field 3D Polar Plot on HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KawtherHamad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
Salam

I built a printed monopole antenna structure using the HFSS. I did the simulation. I could find the 2D far field radiation pattern. When i asked for the 3D polar plot for the far field radiation, HFSS gave me an empty result. Do you have any idea?

Thanks
Kawther Hamad

First you should check if infinite sphere is defined as (Radiation>insert far field>infinite sphere). 2ndly you can't get 3D plot if using parametric simulation.

First go to Radiation in Project Manager. Right click, insert far field setup, Infinite sphere, set theta and phi as start:0, Stop:360. Step Size:1. Now right click on Results, Create Far Field Report, 3D Polar Plot, select trace tab, Category = Gain, Quantity = gain total, Function = none. Then click New Report. WAHLA!!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back