Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Face feature Extraction using matlab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swetha_30

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
image extraction in matlab

Hello!
I need source codes for feature extraction using MATLAB.I need to extract eyes,nose and mouth from a facial image to some other location.
Is is possible using only Image procssing.I do not want to use neural networks.
Please tell me if any source code is available.
Thanks
Swetha
Swethasubramanian@gmail.com

extract facial features in matlab tutorial

I am not that familiar with wavelets but hope to be in a weeks time:!:
But meanwhile I have been thinking that it cud be done in this way.I got this idea from a paper.
I thought we cud take the fourier transform of the image and apply windows.then get the extracted features.

Do u think this is easier?or the wavelets?
The whole thing is very muddled.I never thought there were so many ways we cud use!!!!!!!!
But can u tell me how can we do this with wavelets?Just a brief idea.

face extraction through matlab

hi
u can find very useful matlab code for your need in "digital image processing using matlab" by gunzales&woods book.

There is a program in MATLAB file exchange that you can use for learning face detection and it uses Gabor features, in Google search for

face detection system

and it will come as the first link.

Re: image extraction in matlab

swetha,

That application, in witch features can vary ( due to emotions ) may be considered the use of SVM algorithm.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back