Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EZwave to Matlab Save Waveforms and created Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.fisher

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

Quick question.
I'm using EZwave to view a mixed mode simulation in Cadence and a 130nm CMOS ST Microelectronics DK.

I'm looking for some tips on exporting EZwave data to csv, or text so I can view it in MATLAB for printing in my thesis.

I now that I can save an EZwave database as a csv or txt file, however this does not save the created buses, formed by the 'Create Bus' tool in EZwave. If I export a .tcl file then I can save the bus creation script for next time, but this is not suitable for MATLAB.

What I want to do it export the entire waveform data base including the created digital buses (decimal radix) so that I can plot in MATLAB.

At the moment I cant find out how to add the created buses to the waveform database.

I can export to jpg or png, however with such shocking quality there is little point!

Thanks.
Ed

PART SOLUTION 1:
I couldn't find how to do this in the end, but!
Best idea is to export the waveform as a png using the highest print setting, on my system this gave me a 3200 by 4300 image, easily ported to .eps etc.

PART SOLUTION 2:
The other solution would be to export your database to cvs, open using MATLAB, create a function that is able to threshold each of the waveforms you are interested in, creating a time array of zeros and ones for each voltage waveform in the bus. This can them be combined with other similarly thresholded waveforms to create a Bitdepth*TimeSeries array. This could then be converted to Decimal*TimeSeries array using the bin2dec function.

For my thesis the MATLAB analysis method was too lengthy for just a few diagrams, if however you need to run statistical analysis or analysis of long strings of simulated output data I'd recommend this approach.

Ed

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back