Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eZDSP TMS320F2812 ADC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamunozv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to use the eZ dsp TMS320F2812 board. I connected it to the computer through the parallel port.

A DC analog signal is provided to pin 2 of P9 (ADCA0) using a DC source. The VREFLO (pin 18 of P9) is connected to ground. I ran the example file "Example_281xAdcSeqModeTest.c" (see attached). The values read by the ADC are generally among a few numbers like 0, 2048, etc. I tried a lot of things, including a different eZ dsp board. Both boards give the same results. Here are the detailed results:

Vin ADC_Result
0-1.5 V 2048
1.5-1.7 V 0
1.7 - 2 V 768
> 2 V 1024

Strangely the boards did work properly a couple of times out of the many dozens of times we tried. But then again they stopped working. I don't know what is causing it to start/stop working. I dont think the chip is blown, since it gave correct results couple of times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me if you need any further clarifications on the settings, etc.

Attachments

• Example_281xAdcSeqModeTest.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back