Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

external pwm control by micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chullaa

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!

I have a pwm circuit that can be used to control speed of a motor. The duty cycle is set by variable resistor R1 manually. I want to control the duty cycle by using microcontroller (PIC16F877A) by either digital or analog ports. Is there any suggestion. Can i replace POT-meter with a BJT transistor in unity amplifying mode by changing its resistance.

oh another! i don't want to use PIC's build in PWM.

pwm.gif
thanks
regards
Chulla

Last edited:

thank you Integrated. I am beginner at u Controller and not familiar with I2C. can use built in pwm but some senior forbid me to use it cause it may fail at operation time practically.

thank you Integrated. I am beginner at u Controller and not familiar with I2C. can use built in pwm but some senior forbid me to use it cause it may fail at operation time practically.

If you ask me, the first time you may think its difiicult but give it a search and use ready files like I2C.c, learn how to deal with different protocols. I'm sure you can do it and I'm sure you will feel fine afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back