Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External interrupts in Xilinx Microblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Life

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I'm connecting peripherals to Microblaze in XPS and I'd like to connect several external interrupts (9, exactly) to an external interrupt controller. I thought I'd have to use a 9-bit GPIO but it generates an interrupt request when 1 bit is changing value, without differences betwen the bit that is changing (100000000 as 001000000 generates the same interrupt request). is there a way to connect Axi Interrupt Controller to external pins without using 9 1-bit GPIOs for 9 Interrupt requests?

The interrupts are inputs TO microblaze? As in there is an external interrupt source and microblaze is the sink for 9 seperate interrupts?

You could of course do the following:

You wire-or the 9 interrupt inputs, the result of which is a single interrupt line going into microblaze. And you conveniently also read in the 9 lines as GPIO. So you have 1 interrupt input, and then 9 regular boring inputs for priority decoding. And if you feel like it you can do the priority decoding before you send it to microblaze, which would get you a 4-bit priority.

The interrupts are inputs TO microblaze? As in there is an external interrupt source and microblaze is the sink for 9 seperate interrupts?

You could of course do the following:

You wire-or the 9 interrupt inputs, the result of which is a single interrupt line going into microblaze. And you conveniently also read in the 9 lines as GPIO. So you have 1 interrupt input, and then 9 regular boring inputs for priority decoding. And if you feel like it you can do the priority decoding before you send it to microblaze, which would get you a 4-bit priority.

yes, external interrupts from peripherals to microblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back