Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

external interrupts in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbaruffa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
View attachment prognotepad.txtI have a program written from the 8051 to an LCD (JHD162A). I need to wire an external interrupt and get it programmed correctly in order to go from one 16*2 screen to another 16*2 screen. I am using the same LCD and would like the screen to change when the pushbutton is pressed. I believe I know how to wire it to the correct port, but how would I write it in the assembly program in order for it to change? I attached the assembly for the first screen that I had written to give more of an idea.

Your program displays Data, then Data2 and then stays in an endless loop – Again2 ..
Use a flag (bit) that is set when a button is pressed (ext int), read this flag in the endless loop and exit the loop when the flag (bit) is set ..

IanP
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back