Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External Hard Disk -- Bad Sector/ data Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vineeth_S

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
I have iomega 500GB External hard disk. it was working properly. yesterday when i connect my hard disk windows asks me to format the disk before use. i have data for about 320GB. i didn't give format. i tried using DOS. it says "data error ( CRC )".

is there any solution to solve this issue ?
i want my data back and my hard disk to work properly.

pls help me :(

it seems that Hard disk partition is corrupted, Try to download Hiren Boot CD10 or 11, and Use Data recovery first from your external HD to your internal HD, and than try to fix HD partition or MBR.

Hope it will work

it seems that Hard disk partition is corrupted, Try to download Hiren Boot CD10 or 11, and Use Data recovery first from your external HD to your internal HD, and than try to fix HD partition or MBR.

Hope it will work

This error will come if the disk fell down from a height of 1 or 2 feet. ?? it got a ticking sound continuously but not too noisy.
i think the sound was there from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back