Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extend circuit to Power LED 4 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberctrl

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I would like to extend the circuit of the attached picture x4. From a tiny LED that goes on/off at the top of the circuit I turn on/off a power LED. I would like to light on/off x4 POWER LEDS. Apart from changing my power supply with x4 more current, what other components have to be added 4 times?

I suspect the following?

4x Resistor 10k
4x Resistor 5W
4x MOSFET FU9024
4x POWER LEDs

Do I also need x4 PC 817 ?
Can someone advise or make a change on my circuit? Thanks a lot in advance.
Network Time Circuit web.jpg

There's no need to add 3 mosfets, that one will handle the current. Just add 3 leds and 3 Rs (or 1 higher power R)

thanks for the answer! Do I have to add only the 27R 5W resistor 3 times or also the 10k one?
thanks

The 10K is a pullup for the optoisolator, which (I assume) is an open-collector output, you only need the one resistor.

Thanks a lot for the answer. so, you think a schematic like the one attached will work?
Network Time Circuit web x3.jpg

great! thanks a lot for this help! I will try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.