Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting Positive Power Planes or editing negative to positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

taquionbcn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I would like to export some Gerber files from my altium project, the problem is that I can only export the power planes in the negative way. I know Power planes are used in the negative way in Gerber files. But I want to make EM simulation with ADS and ADS doesn't support negative Gerber, it don't know how to work with them.

So, If somebody knows how to export to positive or edit the power plane Gerber file I will be very thankfully.

Best regards,
Taquionbcn

you could temporary build the planes on unused layers with polygons and then create Gerbers.
some Gerber software you simply press the "N" key to make the layer negative or positive. This should also work in Camtastic.

thanks loosemoose,

this is the provisional way I did, doing it with polygons in a internal layer, but I have a problem with the pads and vias.
If I use a power plane the vias and pads that aren't connected with the plane appears without cooper rounding the hole,
but with a ring of cooper between the hole and the thermals. I have been unable to imitate this with polygons in internal layers.

The project works at 10Ghz, and I need to simulate the most accurate as possible simulation.

thanks,
Taquion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back