Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting from CST Layout to ADS 2008 using DXF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pejal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've problem to export the antenna layout using DXF file fron CST to ADS software. After I import the layout in ADS, the software also need to import "layer file names-layout.lay". What mean and how can I create and find that files..
thanks...

u have to create a new layer in ads. go to layer--> edit--> in the bottom enable new tab and give some layer name like (layout) and save now u import the structure it will import easily

Simply create a text file in the project folder and rename the extension from " .txt" to" .lay".
When it ask for layer file just point to this file

Thank..Its really work..
But now i hv prob with the mesh setup..i hv set the mesh density to 30 cell/wavelength.
then when i click momentum>simulation>S-parameter>simulate, the simulation failed bcoz of 'mesh generation failed'..
anybody know to solve it..
thanks a lot...

1. check ur substrate definition in Momentum>Substrate>Create/Modify
2. check ur design and see if there's any broken shapes
3. use Momentum>Mesh>Preview to preview ur meshing and see what type of error message it's giving

Please upload ur project so that people can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back