Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting a Schematic in Protel DXP 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaoum

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

does anyone know how to export a schematic to an image or pdf format??

thanks,

To get a PDF schematic, you simplly print to a PDF device such as Acrobat Distiller or PDF995 ( free download at www.pdf995.com ).

To get a picture in .bmp or .jpg format, you need to do a screen capture to the windows clipboard. You can then paste into any documnet.

The PDF print is the best method, because it gives the highest resolution image.

anaoum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for that.

It was very helpfull!

I know this method, but I have some problem. When I save sch with print => adobe distiller, the size of my sch is bigger than original, and I must edit with corel draw :( ... everi time :( :(
any idea to print 1:1 size in pdf ?

anaoum

I know this method, but I have some problem. When I save sch with print => adobe distiller, the size of my sch is bigger than original

In both DXP2004 and distiller there are options to "fit to page" - you need to make sure that option is UNCHECKED. To get a true size document, you have to select paper size that is appropriate for the thing you are printing. If "fit to page" is selected anywhere, the schematic or whatever will be stretched or shrunk to fit on the paper instead of being real size.

anaoum

I try yestarday evening to print in pdf. What I find :)
in File menu => Page setup => Scalling - must be "scaled print", scaling = 1

Only in this position I make pdf files 1:1 with original size ;)

Good luck ;)

anaoum

Howcome it only exports in black and white??

from page setup you can export in color, grayscale and b&w

anaoum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back