Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

export to DXF from Hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

moj14mja

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I have HFSS13 and design one microstrip antenna
now I want to put it in protel

but when I export file in hfss to *.DXF and then import in autoCAD software . just ground and probe will be imported in autocad and i cant see patch

WHY??

Hi moj14mja,
While exporting the 2d geometry in HFSS to DXF, only the geometry located at XY (i.e, Z=0) plane is exported. I think in your design ground and probe are at principal XY plane, so it is getting exported. your patch is at some height above the XY plane. To solve this you may follow any one of folling steps.

a) Move the patch to XY plane (making height of substrate to zero would be easy to do that) and then export the geometry to DXF.
or
b) Create relative Coordinate System to shift the location of Origin to patch. Export to DXF.

Hope this helps...

Hi moj14mja,
While exporting the 2d geometry in HFSS to DXF, only the geometry located at XY (i.e, Z=0) plane is exported. I think in your design ground and probe are at principal XY plane, so it is getting exported. your patch is at some height above the XY plane. To solve this you may follow any one of folling steps.

a) Move the patch to XY plane (making height of substrate to zero would be easy to do that) and then export the geometry to DXF.
or
b) Create relative Coordinate System to shift the location of Origin to patch. Export to DXF.

Hope this helps...

very very thank
your solution work !:-D:-D

hi,
can any of you tell me how can we made antenna designed in protel??i have made antenna on hfss 13 and now want to export it to protel but not succeeded,so i thought i should made it in protel but how????any example of antenna inprotel???

Just had the same problem when importing to LPKF CAM software.

The correct answer - all the planar objects must be collected exactly at Z=0. Then DXF export/import works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.