Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Export the location of schematic parts from orcad capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

recortebordes

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to create a text file from a dsn files that lists all parts, the schematic page where the part can be found, and the position of the part on the page.

So far I have explored that using the Bill of Materials menu I can add {Location X-Coordinate} and {Location Y-Coordinate} properties to the property string, so I can get the XY coordinates of every part in a design.

My problem is that a part does not have a property called 'schematic page' or 'page', so with this method I can't retrieve the exact schematic page where the component is placed.

My other problem is that it would be more practical to display the xy location with the region descriptor that can be found on the left and upper edges of a schematic page (for example A3).

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
recortebordes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back