Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

export E and H fields from CST as *.txt files

Status
Not open for further replies.

greta_garbo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need E and H fields for 101 frequency. Thus, I defined field monitors by using macros->solver->set broadband field monitor : min= 0.5GHz, max= 2GHz and step = 0.015 GHz. Then I have 202 field monitors and that means 202 result. If I export this results by using file->export->plot data(ASCII), it will take too much time :( Is it possible to save all results at once? I need Ez,Hx and Hy values both real and imaginery parts.

I can use fft in matlab but I could not save the data for given time range(for example time = 0:0.001:5 sec.) I defined field monitors by using time range but when I save it as txt, it saves only one time step.

I know it is so complicated, but if you have any idea please write to me.

Hallo greta_garbo,
may be you should contact info@cst.com.
The field export function is buggy. In my version, just zeros are exported. They are working on a bugfix.
elektr0

Hi greta_garbo
For a single file of S11 or S22 etc you can just Right click on the file and then select copy.
Afterwards you can open a notepad file and paste in it.
It works for the S parameters v/s Frequency case.

Consider you have 101 frequency monitors and you have named those monitors 'Freq=0.5e9', 'Freq=2e9' etc. Then you can use macro to select the results for each monitor in the loop and export the data. See sample below:

====================================================
Sub Main ()

For ii=0.5e9 To 2e9 STEP 0.015e9

SelectTreeItem ("2D/3D Results\E-Field\e-field Freq="&ii&"")
With ASCIIExport
.Reset
.FileName (".\E_FIELD_FREQ_"&ii&".dat")
.StepX (0.1)
.StepY (0.1)
.StepZ (0.1)
.Mode ("FixedWidth")
.Execute
End With

SelectTreeItem ("2D/3D Results\H-Field\h-field Freq="&ii&"")
With ASCIIExport
.Reset
.FileName (".\H_FIELD_FREQ_"&ii&".dat")
.StepX (0.1)
.StepY (0.1)
.StepZ (0.1)
.Mode ("FixedWidth")
.Execute
End With

Next

End Sub
=========================================

You might need to adjust the macro to the naming style you use for your field monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back