Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

exponential function in vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammassk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all

I wrote VHDL code for exponential function using taylor series. But I need to find out exponential values for an array of numbers in between 4 and 50.
But taylor series works for x<1. Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Its a long time that I studied the taylor series, I am not sure, but if you can give the little details of what you wanna do may be I will be of some help to you.
I search net but it requires some reading and finding taylor series since I confuse with power series, taylor series and similar. So to save time and be on what we need if you can post the specifications.

bests,
Shan

exp(50) is quite a large number, I wonder what's the intended number format? I also wonder why you mention an "array of numbers"? Does this mean you need a set of precalculated values rather than a synthesized exponential function generator?

Taylor series can be evaluated around any center value, but there are other series that are better suited for exp() calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.