Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of the shrink factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone explain me about shrink factor??

SHRINK FACTOR

There are some (old) technologies, for instance a 1um technology, that are simply scaled down. So a shrink factor is applied to them, but the PDK is not changed. So, you do your design, the models have been adapted, so on silicon it will work the same as you see on screen, you do the layout and when you submit it to fabrication, a certain shrink factor is applied to it all.

To you, as designer, it should be transparent.

mujju433

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
SHRINK FACTOR

whats this PDK and wt kind of models are these??

SHRINK FACTOR

PDK means Process Design Kit. It is the whole package with the technology information: models, design rules, etc

Models are the electrical models of every component. The ones that you use to simulate

mujju433

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
SHRINK FACTOR

Can u plz explain me more clearly
i am unable to understand clearly

Re: SHRINK FACTOR

shrink factor is a nominal factor which indicates the shrinkage of the chip after it is fabricated. if the shrinkage factor is 85% then when it is fabricated 15% of it's area is reduced.

SHRINK FACTOR

So in my design that is DTMF chip which i am doing in SOC encounter..... the shrink factor is 1 that means how much is the %??

Re: SHRINK FACTOR

hmmm... that's the first time i encountered such. i guess there's no shrinkage at all.

SHRINK FACTOR

Mr forkschgrad wt ur saying is right but wt i am saying is.....is there any difference between factor and %

We are not talking about the percentage dear we are asking about wt is shrink factor and how does it determined...On what basis do we have to give that shrink factor?
its just a factor not % remember and now answer..............
Can anyone answe my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back