Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of the scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilou35

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am beginner and I 'd like to have explanations of the scheme. What are the functions ? (MMIC-A, MMIC-PA,DSP, GaAs Mesfet). I already post mail on other forum but I don't have the answer wished.

Thanks for helping.

Bilou35

some kind of a wireless network relay system??

This is a repeater. There is two different carriers, look to the bandpass filters.

MMIC definition & other RF issues
you should consult **broken link removed**

MMIC-A.....Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit Amplifier
MMIC-PA... -*- Power Amplifier
GaAs MESFET....FET Transistor Amplifier
DSP...........Digital Signal Processing

Circuit is, as it was said before, a 2.4GHZ to 4.4GHZ and vice versa frequency converter for wireless.
In standby (RX mode) converter operates in 4.4GHz->2.4GHz direction waiting in reception for 4.4GHz signal which is then converted to 2.4GHz signal and transmitted over 2.4GHz antenna.
When signal comes from 2.4GHz side (it is detected by True RMS Detector) DSP control both switches and 4.4GHz converter output appears on 4.4GHz antenna.
Conversion is done with single PLL oscillator and two Mixers, one for RX and other for TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back