Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of the Doppler effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadallday

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please explain for me doppler effect

Re: doppler

sadallday said:
please explain for me doppler effect
\
it is a name of a person...here a signal of particular frequency will be sent...it will take time for it to reflect back..based on that time ,distance of the target can be found out...but i think it cannot find dimension of moving target

I think electronics_kumar needs to study physics again.
Doppler effect refers to the virtual change in the wavelength of a sound/light wave being emitted from a moving object.Base on the change in wavelength,the velocity of the moving object can be estimated.Velocities of stars have ben found this way.
Refer: Fundamentals of Physics-Resnick,Halliday,Krane.

look this paper.It explain the doppler effect properly!

neils_arm_strong said:
I think electronics_kumar needs to study physics again.
Doppler effect refers to the virtual change in the wavelength of a sound/light wave being emitted from a moving object.Base on the change in wavelength,the velocity of the moving object can be estimated.Velocities of stars have ben found this way.
Refer: Fundamentals of Physics-Resnick,Halliday,Krane.

where i commiting mistake..i think what i siad is correct....

Think of you runing towards a wave source you will be seeing the wave form variations even faster than its frequency.
If you run away from the source of the wave the variations will be slower than the real frequency. ie in the first case the frequency increases and in the second case frequency gets decreased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back