Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explain to me the concept of 2-D FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

salma ali bakr

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2-D FFT

i need to know the concept of 2-D FFT, i can't get the hang of it ???

thanks,
Salma

Re: 2-D FFT

https://www.dspguide.com
this is good book about DSP. it talk about phisical meaning and it is simple
U can download the all 34 chapter from this site for free.

Re: 2-D FFT

Salma,

Analogous to the 1-D FT, the 2-D FT will extract the repetitive patterns (frequencies in 1-D signls) present along a certain direction at incremental rates. These patterns are manifested as a gradual smooth transitions in color intensity (just like sine waves). Just like 1-D FT, the whole operation is a mere projection for the 2-D picture on a new plane whose kernel is the 2-D set of all special frequencies. Very similar to saying that the set [14 8] is equal to [2 4](*)(7 2) (a 1-D decomposition analogy). In its essence, the whole projection thing is a form of compression if you like. In the previous example, saying [2 4] is obviously simpler than saying [14 8] provided that you know the kernel on which I performed my operator (7 2), which is by the way a fictitious operator I came up with.

Hope this is beneficial.

Cheers.

PS: FFT is the Fast FT and is meaningless without the original famous Fourier Transform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back