Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

experience in fpga programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc&fpga

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i configure a fpga like xc2s with pci,any idea or where can i find
more file or relative circuit.

why you want configure fpga with pci ,it too complex i think,why not with easy methods?

you need to use a pci bridge, in this mode you can use pci signal converted in add and data signal and use any kind of download mode.
Bye.
G.

tlp71@hotmail.com said:
you need to use a pci bridge, in this mode you can use pci signal converted in add and data signal and use any kind of download mode.
Bye.
G.
please say some more information or do you have any document about it.
or do you have any experience in this field.

try to search at www.quicklogic.com, they make pci bridge, from one side you have a pci interface, from the other side you have a data and address bus as we use normally.
After, depending whic device you wuld program, if you use a spartan as xilinx you need to implement a serial protocol using bus, otherwise you can use directly the bus.
Good luck
G.

tlp71@hotmail.com said:
f you use a spartan as xilinx you need to implement a serial protocol using bus, otherwise you can use directly the bus.
Good luck
G.
yes i want to configure spartan ll in slave serial mode, how can i use the bus,

Why can't you use an ordinary parallel port JTAG cable?

Git

If you want to configure an FPGA device via PCI bus, you must have a PCI controller that manages the PCI interface + software driver.

Ohh said:
If you want to configure an FPGA device via PCI bus, you must have a PCI controller that manages the PCI interface + software driver.
it means that i should use a pci controller (ic)
but i want to configure ic that itself contain pci controller,the program
of xc2s is pci bus controller,
ok,
another problem if i have 2 xc2s in my board and one of them pci bus controller and another one contain some program that change between
processing data can i configure the another xc2s with software by the xc2s consist of pci bus controller
do you know how i can configure xc2s with other (not in daisy chain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back