Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Expedition pcb 2007 doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunrajendhar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have grouped some parts and i need to rotate all the parts in any angle. In 2005 just we group them and we rotate them by changing the angle in properties ( right click- properties) but in 2007 i cant.

Some one pls help me to fix this.. offcourse i have polar placement to placement to place in any angle but i dont need that..

I need to rotate grouped parts by changing the angle in properties dialog.. but now its working for a single part not for a group.

PLS REPLY ASAP..URGENT

As you noticed, you cannot rotate a group via the properties dialog. However you can rotate a group to any angle by means of the keyin commands.

Just select the group en enter 'rs <angle>' in the keyin window, this wil rotate the selected group to the angle specified.

rs 23 will rotate the selected group 23 degrees CCW, us a minus sign to rotate CW.

regards.

senilicus said:
As you noticed, you cannot rotate a group via the properties dialog. However you can rotate a group to any angle by means of the keyin commands.

Just select the group en enter 'rs <angle>' in the keyin window, this wil rotate the selected group to the angle specified.

rs 23 will rotate the selected group 23 degrees CCW, us a minus sign to rotate CW.

regards.

Thanks for the reply its working good..

I have one more doubt in Exp 2007... is there any option to edit the layout.hkp
bcoz when i had export it from the layout.. its not in readable form.. it is binary form how to change this..

As with the 2007.3 release the hkp file are no longer in ASCII format. There has been a lot of discussions on this subject with Mentor. As a result there is a way to convert the binary file to ASCII and back.

In the directory D:??????\2007EE\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin you wil find the program 'dataconvert.exe. This program wil convert the binary file to ASCII and visa versa.

dataconvert -i layout.hkp will convert the file to ASCII (if it is binary) or converts it to binary (if it is ASCII). Note that you can not read in ASCII files in Expedition any more. it has to be binary files.

Run this command for a DOS shell and make sure that your MENTOR variables are all set. Also this command needs a license (after all it is still Mentor), but it is a free license.

Regards

senilicus said:
As with the 2007.3 release the hkp file are no longer in ASCII format. There has been a lot of discussions on this subject with Mentor. As a result there is a way to convert the binary file to ASCII and back.

In the directory D:??????\2007EE\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin you wil find the program 'dataconvert.exe. This program wil convert the binary file to ASCII and visa versa.

dataconvert -i layout.hkp will convert the file to ASCII (if it is binary) or converts it to binary (if it is ASCII). Note that you can not read in ASCII files in Expedition any more. it has to be binary files.

Run this command for a DOS shell and make sure that your MENTOR variables are all set. Also this command needs a license (after all it is still Mentor), but it is a free license.

Regards

Once again thanks...

In my schematic i have kept the vcc,0v,etc as a global nets and am using hierahicial block.. but when i package my schematic the nets get spllited into diffrent parts.

Please help me to fix this problem.. (am using 2007.2)

if u have any special vbdc for this. please post that one.

arunrajendhar said:
senilicus said:

Regards

Once again thanks...

In my schematic i have kept the vcc,0v,etc as a global nets and am using hierahicial block.. but when i package my schematic the nets get spllited into diffrent parts.

Please help me to fix this problem.. (am using 2007.2)

if u have any special vbdc for this. please post that one.

Finally i have found the vbdc problem... The global nets needs to edited in the Global.txt in the VBDC...

Thank you very much for your hep:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back