Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

execute in ce and xp embedded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Can we run the softwares written by delphi in windows CE 3 or 4 and windows xp embedded?

Micro$$$$$$$$$oft does not give clear comments on their sites.

7rots51 said:
Hello

Can we run the softwares written by delphi in windows CE 3 or 4 and windows xp embedded?

Micro$$$$$$$$$oft does not give clear comments on their sites.

On WinXP embedded must run all software, that runnung under WinXP...

Windows XP embedded and Windows CE embedded are the customized OS.

If your dephi execuable program used some components that was excluded from the OS, it will not be run.

More for CE, there are many CPUs, It must be X86 also.

Unfortunately, no it can't for now.

WinCE is not supported at all, and M$ is not releasing yet rights for .NET Compact Framework. When he does, Borland Delphi .NET will support WinCE (Pocket PC) with installed .NET Compact Framework, or native .NET devices (like ones from Symbol Technologies).

Monopol :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am tired from mico$$$$oft monopoly,They want anything only for themself,you have no option to choose!

I want to use delphi langauge because it have many open source components and simple to use.I need a small size OS (max 300 MB) to run my application on it,my harddisk size is 512MB(it is not mechanical).

Can I use linux? Can I work with delphi and run its programs (exe files or setup) in linux?

To run Windows EXEs you need Windows, like XP Embedded, and decide which components will be needed in target system. Kylix is needed if you want to run your app in Linux, but then you can't use VCLs, only CLXs. If component you want exists both in VCL and CLX, than this is satisfied.

Ava

DELPHI.NET can link to for WINDOWS CE also all microsoft.net can link to windows CE

Smart said:
DELPHI.NET can link to for WINDOWS CE also all microsoft.net can link to windows CE

IIRC this started since WinCE 4.1 was released.

Anyway, when building something with CE, everything will be "compiled" into one binary (all application and data) for use in the target, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back