Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

executable file with Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
exe , matlab

Hi all
I hope you all are doing well,

I have a small question,
How can i convert a matlab program/function into an exe file?? Please give example(s) for illustration.

Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

matlab exe mcc

use matlab compiler toolbox

enjoy

convert m file to exe matlab

you can use matlab compiler toolbox but exe file need matlab runtime for execution. there for i offer you that don't use it.

how to convert matlab file to exe

you can change it to a standalone application by running the command
mcc -m filename

where filename is the name of the .m file that you want to convert to an application. type
hlp mcc

for more information about it.

hope i had have helped enough.
yours.

how to convert matlab file to cpp

hi,

I want to add another point.
Your m-file must be in the form of a function!!
so if you have an m file which is not a function first of all, you have to change it to a function form.

yours.

Code:
>> help mcc

mcc.m not found.

Then, what can i do now??!

Any comment?

This means that you don not have installed matlab compiler. You have to install it inorder to make executable m files! (You have to buy this toolbox)

yours.

dspman said:
This means that you don not have installed matlab compiler. You have to install it inorder to make executable m files! (You have to buy this toolbox)

yours.

Okay, should I remove current installation of Matlab and re-install, or i can just modify it? How?

Thanks alot,
Ahmad,

no you dont have to remove the current version, but open the installation and choose to costum install the compiler only from the list.

concerning exe files using matlab

once, i tried to convert a file of matlab contain built in functions (sin and cos)
the exe file can't read it so i must edit the m file to remove any trigenometric functions in the code

concerning matlab

i heared that matlab can convert matlab code to c code
i.e.(convert m files to cpp files)
if so. how

hi,

you are rigth, when matlab tries to convert an m file to an exe file it converts your m-file to a c-file first. the genrated c file is to complex to edit and it uses many matlab functions, header files and libraries that must be added to the complied file.

yours.

If your goal is speed, converting to C is a good way. but if is not, you choose difficult way. MEX file is another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back