Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exclusion Layers for Dummy Metal Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am doing dummy metal fill for a layout.

I have to add exclusion layers for metal fill not to be put in my circuit path - I need BOTH drawing exclusion layers AND via exclusion layers - they are both in the process I am using - TSMC. So do I need MEXCL(d1 to d8,for all metal 8 layers) AND the via layers to do exclusion ?

Is this correct ?

Thank you.

It might be that excluding a given metal layer will also
prevent adjacent vias (else they would be malformed).

But that assumes a certain logic in the fill rules and I'd
bet there is specific guidance for you somewhere in the
PDK docs-pile.

As I know, there are no DRC rule check for VIA density, right?
And technically, if your working process has required fill BOTH metal and via, and in order to protect the sensitive circuits, you have to fill all dummy exclusion layer (metal, diff (OD), poly, and via (as you said))

As I know, there are no DRC rule check for VIA density, right?
And technically, if your working process has required fill BOTH metal and via, and in order to protect the sensitive circuits, you have to fill all dummy exclusion layer (metal, diff (OD), poly, and via (as you said))

Update: there are no DRC rule check for VIA density --> I was wrong.
There are actually VIA density rule check for via stack. And from 40nm technology, we also have dummy fill for via.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back