Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exciting multiple ports all together in CST Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

at.sdsu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
So im designing a horn antenna for beam scanning. I have 5 rectangular waveguide ports in the horn antenna. I was able to complete everything on HFSS, but now in CST i'am not able to figure out how to excite all the 5 ports at once in varying amplitudes. The design i simulated in CST shows the 3D plots at different frequencies for the 5 ports separately. I however want to combine the modes propagated from the ports so as to achieve beam scanning. Help me guys, i'am stuck up big time.

Re: Exciting multiple ports all together in CST Microwave St

hai to exite all ports go to the transient solver in that simulation settings--> source type----> selection---> exicitation ----> activated simultaneous excitation

Reactions: hamidrezakarami

at.sdsu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

hamidrezakarami

Thanks for the help James,
So i basically want to vary the power amplitude in the different ports to observe the change in radiation pattern. On reading your post, i was able to change the amplitudes in the ports but its simulating the structure again. Shouldn't this be a part of post-processing which should not involve simulating again, like we do in HFSS, once the simulation is complete we can change the amplitude etc and we get prompt results. Am i doing something wrong in CST to generate the radiation pattern? Let me know. You help and time is appreciated.

hai if u r using antenna array then in the farfield results right click and select property and choose array antenna there u can change amplitude and phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back