Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excellon format for NCDRILL in CADSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam001

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
excellon format

Hi all,

I need help in generating the NCDRILL at CADSTAR (any version). The Drill table is not embedded in the generated file. I'm trying to modify the ASCII file of excellon to generated what I need is I got the same result.

Every time I view the nc drill in any cam viewer, I still need to type the every drill sized to show the actual drill data.

I need your advice.

Thanks in advance..

excellon drill file format

try excellon2.usr for NC drill file generation..it will do the desired operation

excellon drill format

I have tried it, but still the output is the same.

nc drill format

Most CAM viewers have an option to load drill tables. I know, that old DOS CADSTAR couldn't embed drill sizes in NC files, so you had to load them separately. Basically, I used fixed nc.usr files for PCB manufacturers. I'm not aware, if recent CADSTAR version can generate drill sizes and embedded tool information automatically as most other CAD systems do.

nc drill file format

i use CAM350 and it loads automatically all the drill data with the use if exellon2.usr.

which CAM viewer u r using?might be set up of that viewer only?

cadstar nc drill

just try to make the settings in CAM as per the settings you provided in CADSTAR during NC Drill generation such zero supression is trailing or leadind, the format used, the units used are english or metric.
I hope that then you will get the desired result.

excellon nc drill

Could you give me a copy of your excellon2.usr so I can look over to find whats the different with my copy and yours.

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back