Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excel to order parts and bill of materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do you guys use excel or another software program to order parts, part numbers, bill of materials?

What do you color the excel cells for? in orders color in green, out orders color in yellow ? how do u guys use it please?

you can use this excell sheet which i use it in my work.
here are some notes:
1- Arrange all parts according to:
a) RefDes.
b) Value.
2- You chose the color of any cell according to the Manufacturer.

You can use Excel to generate part numbers, create bills of material and cost them including quantity price breaks using lookup tables and generate purchase orders.
You can use conditional formatting to automatically change cell colours according to different constraints. All of this kind of approach is covered in my book (plus lots more)

Excel by Example: A Microsoft Excel Cookbook for Electronics Engineers
published by Elsevier/Newnes. ISBN 0750677562

In fact chapter 13 of my book is a Purchase Order generator.

I am attaching an unpublished chapter of the book that deals with generating in-house part numbers (and also how to use the sendkeys function in VBA)

-Aubrey Kagan

Can you guys please unzip the files for me or pdf them cause i don't konw how to unzip the files or have a unzipping software

Search for "unzip" on google. Here is a free example
https://www.camunzip.com/

I will post a pdf tomorrow, but the zip file actaully includes the excel worksheets along with the text, so you would do better mastering zip files.

-Aubrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back