Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Examples of PC-based oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraz101

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guys i wanna build pc based oscilloscope please give me ur tested designs.
specially pic based.
thanx

pc based scope

why use pic when you can use your PCI or ISA soundcard for the same purpose and have a ready audio frequency oscilloscope useful for most things...

Re: pc based scope

If you want just to play, pc based scope is OK, but this is far from the real thing. Soundcard is limited by (too low) sampling rate, noise, input range, and other bad things...

Scope that use PC only for display results (also FFT, and some other things) with measuring done on scope side (A/D, uC...) is comlete another story, the real thing.

For pic example, check BitScope https://www.bitscope.com/design/hardware/

pc based scope

i dont want to go with sound card.i wanna build real thing but bitscope is very complex.can u give me any easy design.
thanx

Re: pc based scope

I found few diy projects on web (try to search), but there is no simple things. You need fast A/D converter, uC connected to memory chip (64k is more than enought), and some connection to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back