Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Examples, models and articles about wideband amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarys

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. Does anyone have some example simulations in M/W/O, ADS or materials, of wideband amplifiers for frequency around 200-400 MHz ? Maybe someone has got some experience in design of such amplifiers?
I want to design such amplifier.
It has to fulfil following requirements:
frequency: 200-400MHz
small signal gain: 40dB
Power : 43dBm
S11 : <-15dB
WFS : <1.5
I will accept good advices experienced colleagues from group on this subject willingly.
I look for also example - solutions.
I greet, thanks !!

Re: wideband amplifiers

The old Motorola company had two engineering bulletins on this. EB74 was a 10 W amplifier and EB77 was a 60 W amplifier.

These may not use currently available transistors, but the design ideas will still be valid.

This is a standard military band all over the world. Search the transistor manufacturer sites. You can get ideas from the data sheets. Here is a first start for you:

**broken link removed**

Notice that they list the source and load required. You can use this to calculate the networks to put the transistor between.

wideband amplifiers

There are examples and models for high power amp. at polyfet website. In their example, they show how to simulate the PA also.

http://www.polyfet.com/

Re: wideband amplifiers

Hi jarys,

Here are some of the articles on PA design usinh MWO
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search