Not open for further replies.

martinchen_99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am a beginner of the Sonnet Lite user. I want to design a patch antenna with a edge port feed. Can anyone give me an example for verifying my design is correct of not? Thx!

Re: Sonnet Lite

Hi Martinchen_99 -- In SonnetLite, click Help->Examples->Antennas. There are several examples all worked out for you, you can load them directly into SonnetLite with a single click. If you have further questions, feel free to post on the Sonnet Forum, www.sonnetsoftware.com.

If you want to see how a Matlab program does patch antenna design automatically, go to google and search for "Matlab Sonnet". Google comes up with the following link:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=16077&objectType=FILE

This is a free Matlab program (Matlab itself is not free) that designs and analyzes the patch antenna of your dreams. Have fun! (I work for Sonnet.)

Thx rautio!
However, I want to design an antenna as the following,

I still have no idea about this patch antenna....
Can I import a text file to sonnet lite and generate the above antenna?
Thx for help

Hi Martinchen_99 -- I noticed you also post the question on the Sonnet forum. I will answer your question there.

For anyone else who would like to see the continuation of this thread, go to:

**broken link removed**

Hi Martinchen_99 -- I noticed you also post the question on the Sonnet forum. I will answer your question there.

For anyone else who would like to see the continuation of this thread, go to:

**broken link removed**

Sonnet Forum is closed please provide other working link to sonnet tutorial

Not sure what you are trying to do, but if you google "Setting up a Rectangular Patch Antenna in Sonnet", the first result takes you to Sonnet's knowledge base which has a tutorial for setting up a via-fed patch.

Reactions: nesan

nesan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…