Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EWN - XBee Project Oriented Website Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdogguru

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please post your recommendations or critiques of projects sites concerning XBee.

I'm always on the lookout for any online ZigBee XBee resources.

One recommendation is the following site:

Xbee Microcontroller Board - Playing XBee

A great XBee project which includes two Xbee 2.5 RPSMA radios, Xbee USB explorer, Xbee breakout, PIC18F4520 microcontroller, and a breadboard. The code is written in C18 and built in MPLAB. Project files are available in download section. The project is accompanied by an indepth discussion, source code and tutorial. Highly Recommended.

Please post your recommendations here and share the resources.

A small Linux box like the NSLU2 (aka Slug: 266 MHz XScale ARM processor, filesystem on a USB flash drive, takes about 5W, runs Debian GNU/Linux and other distributions) could be useful in a Zigbee deployment. For example, an always-on Slug could be responsible for logging data sent by remote sensors, and generating graphs on web pages, sending email alerts and so on. I decided to have a play.

SlugBee - Adding Zigbee Radio to a Slug

A project to build network nodes which utilize some sort of mesh network for communication. Zigbee chips implement this mesh network. The intention is to use zigbee based products to build the smallest, low power application circuit which will allow multiple nodes to relay information collected from various sensors on each node. The information will eventually find it’s way to a PC which will be able to monitor the status of all the nodes.

Zigbee Smartdust Project

After brief introduction to XBee, come the real practical and interesting part. Running a XBee has two options; whether you make your own board for development or buy one from SparkFun.

**broken link removed**

i am a pg student i want to built a project for pg plz. seggest.

If you have an Arduino project where the dev board is stuck inside a machine, or attached to the rafters or is inaccessable in some other way, a wireless programming/debugging link will save you tons of time.

**broken link removed**

The full potential of RFID technology has yet to be realized because of the inconvenient and costly implementation prescribed by the necessity for a wired infrastructure to transmit the valuable data to a central location. In order to advance this technology, this project designed and implemented a proof-of-concept wireless RFID reader system, composed of distributed autonomous nodes that communicate using the ZigBee standard.

ZigBee-Enabled RFID Reader Network

The Arduino system offers an easy and open-source method for programming microcontrollers. Normally this means using a serial cable or USB cable attached directly to the microcontroller project. But what if your project is floating in a weather balloon, glued to the bottom of a swimming pool or baked into a loaf of bread? It would be great to upload code changes wirelessly, and even greater if you could do it from several kilometers away.

Programming Arduino Wirelessly

This project documents my adventures in learning how to wire up my home for wireless power monitoring. I live in a rented apartment so I don't have hacking-access to a meter or breaker panel. Since I'm still very interested in measuring my power usage on a long term basis, I built wireless outlet reporters. Building your own power monitor isn't too tough and can save money but I'm not a fan of sticking my fingers into 120V power. Instead, I'll used the existing Kill-a-watt power monitor, which works great and is available at my local hardware store.

Tweet-a-Watt - Build a wireless home-power monitoring system

Here’s a program that uses Rob Faludi and Dan Shiffman’s XBee library for processing to read three analog sensors from multiple remote XBee radios and graph them. It also saves the data to a comma-delimited file. It also makes sounds when the value exceeds a given threshold. For this application, you need two or more XBee series 1 radios. One is attached to the serial port of the computer, and the other is remote, broadcasting three analog values.

**broken link removed**

A very nice Home Automation System using ZigBee Modules designed by an EDABoard member, binu_ji.

This project presents results of wireless intelligent building automation focusing on both the rational use of energy and maintaining security. The wireless approach, in this work, could better target retro-fitting of buildings, still in operation.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back