Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EVAL KIT 3 PHASE HYBRID INVERTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aravinkj

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

EVAL KIT 3 PHASE HYBRID INVERTER
STK551U3A2AGEVB
STK551U3A2A-E Datasheet : https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/STK551U3A2A-E-D.PDF
Please let me if I can use 5v logic input for this module.
I'm trying to develop a motor controller for traction application and thought that the above mentioned module will be easier for bench testing application, please let me know if it can work with a microcontroller such as Arduino for pwm inputs.
What are all the other things do I have to add in such as bootstrap capacitor for high side switching.
I'm gonna supply it with 110V DC from a custom built charger for testing and the charger can handle upto 10amps safely.

See page 10 recommeded operation conditions. 3.3 and 5V CMOS level should be fine, 5V gives probably higher noise margin.

Thanks for your reply FvM
In the same page under usage precautions, it says " IPM includes bootstrap diode and resistors. Therefore, by adding a capacitor "CB", a high side voltage drive voltage is generated; each phase requires an individual bootstrap capacitor.
Do I have to solder capacitors for each phases for operating?? or will it work without adding anything.
I still haven't bought that module yet.
Just few questions before buying them.
Once I have every answers, I'm gonna buy that.

The datasheet says add 3 capacitors of 1uF minimal. The schematic suggests that the module has already small bootstrap capacitors inside and probably run with limited on-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.