Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Euro ISDN to US ISDN converter needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

boombastic

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Euro ISDN to US ISDN

Hi guyz,

I have a router which uses American ISDN U interface
and but we have Euro ISDN S/T interface lines ...
can anyone suggest circuit / device which can convert
Euro S/T interface to American U interface ...

Thanks in advance ...

boombastic

PS: arcareach|Sigma from https://www.arca-technologies.com/ is very expensive ...

You have a challenging problem there! You see, there are several subtle differences between Euro ISDN and American ISDN implemetations. Not only the type of interface delivered to customers premises (S vs. U) but also coding on U interface might be different (2B1Q is the most common, but 4B3T exists, too). The protocol stacks has some minor deviations, too. I remeber some interesting things happening when trying to demonstrate our Euro ISDN products in US!

I have worked with ISDN quite much, but it was some years ago. I worked much developing products with S-interfaces (basic and primary rate), a little with U interfaces and also with other hardware and software tasks. I am not any more working for the same company, so I do not have any easy access to the standards and other documents. However, I must say, it is not just connecting up a passive hardware hookup, but likely needs extensive intelligence in the controlling software to work well (designing and debugging the thing costs time and money!)

If it is just one or few units, you may still get it cheaper by buying those expensive arca-technologies boxes (IF they can do the job = have correct line code and handle the rest "right enough").

If you have a hobby budget, I think it will be though to find a simple and cheap solution. With plenty good luck maybe somebody has surplus or other used (laboratory?) gear for the purpose.

If this is a high volume project (I think it's not, what I see from your msg), someone might adapt a suitable version of their product for you, or you could afford to run a project of a certain size. I know people, inclusive myself, who can help to put the requirements and specifications together, but the project should be run by a organized team with experience and necessary equipment.

Does some other in elektroda have a ready to use box ???

Good luck,

Ted

Hi
I see in elektroda a document for isdn , i don't remember where
but i upload it for you.

Best regards. 8)

Euro ISDN to US ISDN

Hi guyz,

I am re-posting what i posted more than a year back can ne1 help...

I have a router which uses American ISDN U interface
and but we have Euro ISDN S/T interface lines ...
can anyone suggest circuit / device which can convert
Euro S/T interface to American U interface ...

Thanks in advance ...

boombastic

PS: arcareach|Sigma from https://www.arca-technologies.com/ is very expensive ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back