Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouad_jh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f ethernet

Hi all

Ethernet is everywhere these days, so I'm trying to design ethernet embeded system using PIC microcontroller PIC18F97J60.

Designing a board is ok and even to manifacture it, but plenty of efforts should be done developing application.

First challenge is that I need programmer for this microcontrooler which I can't really find.

Here we go, I hope that you are going to post your ideas or suggestions for helping me and to have information available on this forum aboout this new microcontroller.

pic microcontroller ethernet

irst challenge is that I need programmer for this microcontrooler which I can't really find.

Microchip ICD2 or clones are capable to program this chip !!

ethernet pic

Hi

Any clue where I can find ready made Board for the clone ones, and some practical code for PIC 18F97J60!!

pic 18f97j60

HI my friend there is a very good book about desine ethernet card
in download upload forum
this book cover PIC and AVR microcontroller

ethernet pic microcontroller

Hi everyone

Good to see some interested people in this topic, anyway scorpions22 I can't find the book you talked about.

However folks I will upload the PIC 18f97j60 library for eagle soon, may be more people will be interested and cooperate.

Regards

pic ethernet 18f

Hi folks

Here is a PIC18F97J60 library file to be used with eagle, but you are on going to use at your own risk as I don't take any responsibility for anything, I just finished it but haven't tested it,

However if there is any error please write to me and I will try to sort it out.

Enjoy it

Hi there I'm sorry but there is a bug in this library I will fix it and post it soon.

16f877 enc28j60

which ethernet chip will u use for your design

pic 18f ethernet

I was thinking of using PIC18F97J60 but I'm afraid it's not yet widely available, so I believe the alternative will be the ENC28J60 with most probably 16F877A or 16F452.

Never mind, my first step is to find out what is available in the market then I will work on the design. It sounds odd to find out what is availabe and then design!
But I have got no choice.

pic18f97j60 programmer

Hi folks

it looks like no one interested. nevermind, I'll start collecting what I need to work Ethernet with pic, Most probably ENC28J60 with PCI16F877.
So if you have any comments you are welcome to post it here.

enc28j60 16f877

Hi,

have a look at the following link:

**broken link removed**

Unfortunately PIC16F877 is not strong enough to develop an application for ENC28J60. You will need a PIC18F series which has more flash.

BR

Added after 1 minutes:

I forgot to mention also the microchip forum

http://forum.microchip.com/tt.aspx?forumid=173

BR

18f4550 ethernet

Hi

I found the links very usefull, thanks for that, and for the advice as well, I wanted to use PIC61f877 cause I've got programmer for it, but I thinkg I should use 18F microcontroller as you mentioned.

interfacing 18f pic ethernet

Hi Guys

Here is the file after fixing a little bug.

regards

ethernet to pic

Boards for ethernet PIC:

1. PIC18F25J10 microcontroller ENC28J60 Ethernet control
2. PIC18F452 microcontroller, ENC28J60 Ethernet controller

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

enc28j60 pic18f

Hi There

it's cool stuff but I already ordered Edtp " frame thrower" board with ENC28J60, which is ready built board and all you need to do is to interface to your microcontroller using SPI port

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.