Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ethernet interface using pic16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnbabu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm using a pic16f877. I've to interface with a ethernet...... i wud like to know if there is a suitable transreceiver which can be used here.... and the corresponding links where i can study them

I used both in same project :

RTL8201CL ( Realtek )
W3150A+ ( wiznet )

+++

you would be better off going to a PIC18F97J60 Microcontroller which has an onboard integrated 10Mbps Ethernet communications peripheral
**broken link removed**
PIC18F87J60

you can then use Microchip's TCP/IP stack software
**broken link removed**

the PIC18F97J60 with the TCP/IP stack is easy to use either using TCP virtual circuits, UDP datagrams or more advanced TCP applications

if your must use a PIC16 have a look at the Lantronix XPORT serial to Ethernet modules

I have run a PIC24 UART at 921,600 bps when talking to these devices

i ve tried using dat but da availability of this pic18f is very less..... n it is costly to import..... so im searching for other options

the PIC18F97J60 with on board ethernet may be a cheaper alternative than a PIC16 with an external Ethernet device, e.g. I know the XPORT is about £20

you could go to a PIC32 with onboard ethernet but I would expect that to be even more expensive and complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back