Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

etching system for stainless steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
etching machine....

What are you using as etching machine at home nowadays?

Budget is around 200 - 300 euros...and please don´t tell me you like Isel..had it once those glas containers...total mess on the table (o;

Re: etching machine....

Hi

Whats wrong with glas container?
I made a "small" etch tank outoff stainless steel and glass, air inlett at the bottom and heater 1" above so the heated water is circulated properly. Heater is a 1kW heater controlled by pt100 and trip amplifier.

But you are right, if you are not carefull it be a mess quite quickly, it depends how much you like to spend and do yourself.

I only use sodium persulphate but since the glas and steel can sustain acid I can change that later on if I like. I can get the sodium persulphate for free and it is not so messy to mix as pure acid.

Perhaps you mean spray etchers, I thought of that but could not find a cheap pump for it.

Cl

etching machine....

what's the problem with isel machines ????
I'm planning to buy such one...

Was using the cheap ones...look like a thin aquarium (o;

Many times the foam tube at the bottom gets stuck and did break many times when trying to clean it...also the rubber bands break often when readjusting the foam tubes...and lots of dirt around the table caused by the bubbling.

Anyone used those at:

Look more cleaner for operating...

etching machine....

yes it seems interesting but the budget arise to 800 euros...for the triple tank system...

hello friend....

i,m fadzly from malaysia....i,m kind of interesting to build an etching machine for my final project...kind of spray etching machine...could somebody help by giving my the info and guideline how to build it...TQ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back